Noles Sweep Boston College
Posted by William Kristoph
I made it out to the Saturday blowout, but watched the Sunday game from the confines of ScalpEm.com headquarters. Tallahassee provides some of the most pleasant baseball weather you’ll find anywhere in the country, especially this time of the year. That will probably last about another 2-3 weeks and then it’ll be hazy, hot and humid until November. Weather aside, the Noles are 15-1 and playing some really solid, winning, baseball. It’s hard to argue with winning, just as Charlie Sheen.
- So much for those 2.5 hour games. Thanks to the batting practice show that the Noles put on, the game was lengthy.
- Fifteen runs when it’s not gorillaball is much more interesting to me than when they’re all dingers.
- Busch is the definition of “lumbering” out there. To me, he looks tired from the time he steps on the mound. It might just be a perception thing, kind of like how Hunter Scantling looks like a giant when he’s really not. I mean put Scantling in the WWE and he’s a small guy.
- Bright neon pink Vendor shirts are rough. I feel badly for those guys.
- Nice job by The Animals for killing the guy in the boot that was walking around with the two girls. “Oww. Oww. Oww. Oww. Owww. Owwwwww. Ow. Ow. Ow.”
- It’s nice to see Stuart Tapley look comfortable at the plate. I really hope the trend up continues for him in the DH role.
- The camera angle in CF is brutal on Sun Sports. BRUTAL.
- Listening to “Lebben” interviewed in the middle of the game still makes me laugh in a good way, because Mike could’ve just recorded a CD of sound bites long ago and just handed them out. The Mike Martin mix your own sound byte CD would be a great sell to the media. Perhaps, we can get a special bonus remix of “These Young Men.”
- The scouting report was dead on all weekend. Lots of credit is due for Boston College’s starting pitching which was solid, but their bullpen was plain ugly.
- Thankfully, the Noles got to the pen just barely soon enough to eek out that 4-3 win on Lopez’s Sac Fly.
- Someone needs to tell the guys that using gel shaving cream for the pie to the face is just harsh. It burns in the eyes. Be a pro, upgrade to some Reddi Whip or Cool Whip. Then it doesn’t sting AND it’s tasty.