Melancholy And Some Changes
Posted by William Kristoph
1.a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2.sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.
a.the condition of having too much black bile, considered in ancient and medieval medicine to cause gloominess and depression.b.black bile.
- I’m NOT going to be a blatant “homer” at any time. I’m NOT going to get down on the Noles just because it’s the new fad. For instance, I like Jimbo Fisher and I think he will be a great Head Coach at FSU, but most of us need to get over the honeymoon and set our expectations at a more realistic level. The landscape of college football changed significantly over the last decade, but FSU fans’ expectations did not.
- I’m NOT going to get into a statistics battle with Tomahawk Nation, no matter how many times it is suggested to me. Tomahawk Nation does statistical analysis better than me. DUH. I strongly suggest you check out many of their posts if you are into statistics and analysis.
- I’m NOT going worry about a “hard” posting schedule any more. I’ve had far too many arguments about this with other bloggers and contributors in the past. A schedule makes me rush things out before they’re ready. Now I’m using the old game developer release date, “When it’s ready.” I’ll post when a post is ready, not when it’s half ready.
- I’m NOT going to add more writers. Those that are here already will continue to remain here until they choose to leave. I no longer have plans to add additional writers to the site.
- I’m going to link to more interesting stuff. There is a ton of FSU news out there, if I find it interesting I’ll toss in some more links here on the site.
- I’m going to answer comments. I think I’ve been pretty good about that and I’ll continue to do that. I think most comments deserve a response, especially since the commenting traffic here isn’t very high.
- I’m still going to say what’s on my mind. What’s on my mind might change from day to day. It might be loosely related to FSU. It might be funny or serious. We’ll see.
- I’m still going to talk about FSU Softball. I like it. In fact, I like it more than FSU Baseball. I just attend more FSU Baseball games because I pay to attend them.
- I’m forcing comments to have a name and an email address. I can’t respond properly to a comment (via email, instead of publicly) if an anonymous user doesn’t leave me his or her information. I still don’t require registration with the site to comment, but a name and email address are necessary now.
- I’m going to keep writing, even if nobody reads it. ;-)