Around The Noles In 8 Links
Posted by William Kristoph
I thought it was time to look at some of the more interesting stuff going on in the world of FSU outside of ScalpEm.com.
- Mascots retire, but stay active – San Bernardino, CA paper, The Sun, has an article today about a retiree that was the former Sammy Seminole. For those of you that don’t know Sammy, he was the “mascot” at FSU before Chief Osceola became the “symbol” of FSU.
- “Integrity is integrity. You either have it or you don’t.” - Bob Braman talks about the NCAA sanctions and the effect on the track team.
- They could have set a good example – Ira Schoffel at the Tallahassee Democrat makes a good point. FSU could have set a good example in the whole academic mess, but they didn’t.
- Irony 101 – Nick Saban, Alabama Head Coach, is receiving the inaugural Bobby Bowden Award.
- If you’re in to recruiting – Tomahawk Nation has a lengthy, but smart, piece up on how FSU is Dominating the ACC.
- Signing day hype means little – Andrew Carter does a nice job of pointing out that National Signing Day hype doesn’t always translate into greatness on the field.
- FSU Baseball Fan Day – FSU Baseball Fan Day is this Saturday, February 13.
- FSU Softball – Opening Day is this Thursday at 5pm for the Noles! Check out this feature on team captain Carly Wynn.