Monday Morning FSU Review
Posted by William Kristoph
Normally, it takes me a while to digest an FSU game. The last few years that’s been because of FSU’s lackluster and poor play. So today, for the first time in a long time, I get to write about the Noles after they cruised to a victory at BYU. As I said on Friday, I had a hunch that the Noles would win this game in Provo. I was off on the score prediction, but the outcome was right and the Seminoles are now 2-1 on the season, with things looking up. My favorite parts of Saturday night’s action?
- Greg Reid. He has an electricity around him not seen at FSU in a while. Warrick-esque.
- The FSU secondary, who covered their guys mostly. In fact, the Max Hall completions early on were either a function of circus catches or the fact that the defense couldn’t pressure Hall and he had all day to throw. Kudos to the Noles secondary.
- Lonnie Pryor. I’d say the way to start a career is with your first two carries being TD’s.
- I’m enjoying the youth movement at FSU. Why is nobody the media not talking about OUR young players?
- Dustin Hopkins needs to get his act together a bit, although the thin air kickoffs were fun to watch. It made me wonder if Sebastian Janikowski would have played a game at BYU if he could have kicked it completely out of the stadium though.
- Christian Ponder, I am a believer. My bad thinking you wouldn’t last this year.
- The VS Network coverage was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but halftime lasted like 4 hours.
- Bobby Bowden looked good after the game, maybe wins are good for the memory?
- Thank you to BYU for growing the grass so long, I’ll bet it survived nicely on it’s way to the Sod Cemetary.
- The Cougar nickname. Judging from the outcome of the game, they looked more like the older attractive woman Cougar, than the ferocious animal Cougar. Then again, they weren’t as ferocious as the older attractive women either.
- Twitter. I enjoyed tweeting with a bunch of people on there during the game. I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. Tweet of mine that got the most laughs? Following Greg Reid’s interception, “IMMA have to interrupt you BYU, but I’ll let you finish, but Greg Reid is the best player ever.”
- I hope Lee Corso picks FSU’s opponents by 3 TDs for the rest of the season.
What else can I really say? I could go into butt kicking stats or point out the few bad things, but I won’t. I’m going to sit back and enjoy a HUGE FSU victory from Saturday. It’s been a long time that I felt that good about watching the Noles play, my only regret is that I couldn’t be there in person! Go Noles!