Are FSU Football Preseason Accolades Deserved?
Posted by William Kristoph
I’ve been keeping track of my RSS reader lately, and it seems that every time I open it, FSU is getting praise from some preseason magazine. My question is why?
- FSU hasn’t proven anything. Last year’s 9 win season had two FCS teams in the W column, don’t forget. To me that’s no improvement (in record) over 2007.
- The FSU Wide Receiving corps was sliced and diced due to their own idiocy.
- Christian Ponder has not proved anything yet, and E.J. Manuel missed the entire spring.
- FSU has a big fat question mark at Place Kicker, and yes, that’s BIG.
- The Seminoles have a schedule with traps all over it, the opener with Miami, at BYU, Georgia Tech, etc.
- Many of the teams in the ACC are on par with the Noles talent wise.
- FSU’s defense is depleted, and doesn’t adjust well to a spread option or option, which many teams are going to run against us.
- There is still chaos at the top of the coaching chain.
I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer but…
… the Noles don’t deserve many of the accolades they are receiving. They’re still living off of a name that was built in the 80′s and 90′s.