Friday, August 22nd, 2014

Weekly Scalpoll: Will FSU Baseball Survive The Tallahassee Regional?

Florida State, Georgia, Ohio State and Marist. Will the Noles surive to face the winner of the Norman, OK regional? Vote to the left, leave me some comments about why the Noles will or won’t make it out alive!

Comments

8 Responses to “Weekly Scalpoll: Will FSU Baseball Survive The Tallahassee Regional?”
  1. TN says:

I believe we get out of the regional, but I’m really not confident in our chances in the super. UGA has had its problems this year. I just don’t see us having a #2 or #3 starter we can trust.

Good points… I am a tad bit worried about the Marist game. It SHOULD be an easy game, but Marist is a good team, and it will be their version of a CWS game. FSU had problems at times this year with teams like that, JU, FIU, etc. Hopefully they’ll regroup after the last two outings and start things off right on Friday.

By the way, I HATE having a 12 / 4 slot… it sucks, ESPNU or not.

3. TN says:

The age old question: do we have problems with teams like that because we underestimate them and don’t mentally prepare? Or is it because the talent gap isn’t as big as we think it is.

The least talented foe on a schedule will almost always benefit from some amount of underestimation, and even the great teams take games off. Let’s hope FSU comes out focused.

Are we throwing SG?

I think with baseball it’s just that those teams aren’t as far off talent wise, until it comes to depth. A lot of teams have a good #1 pitcher, and nothing after that.

Knowing Martin, he’ll hold SG until Saturday. That’s my gut feeling though, I could be wrong.

5. TN says:

I have to agree with that call though… Nicely done.

6. JT says:

I don’t believe FSU can score enuff runs to go to far.The bottom half of the line-up has to come alive.Anything will be an improvement.Can’t afford to leave men on base now in tourney time.

7. Ed says:

Diamonds come post season, diamonds.