Friday, April 18th, 2014

About The BS At The FSU Union…

If you don’t know what I’m talking about… well read all about it at Tomahawk Nation, ChantRant, WCTV or whatever else you choose.

Got it? Good.

I’ve had it with this kind of garbage, period. Regardless of what comes from the situation, suspensions, dismissal or nothing, FSU football players need to take a line from Top Gun…

“You need to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guy.”

Right now, FSU has a mighty FAIL when it comes to that topic.  It’s been a month since FSU got through a week without an incident. Why? Because these “kids” can’t control their emotions or fists?  Because someone “dissed” someone else, or someone checked out someone else’s girlfriend. And what’s worse? FSU sites are quick to come to the defense of the players and say that the players have a right to be at the union, which they do since they’re FSU students.  However, should they avoid situations that can cause problems like this? Should they do it better and cleaner than the other guy?

Comments

20 Responses to “About The BS At The FSU Union…”
  1. TNNo Gravatar says:

CC,

I hope people aren’t confusing having a right with being in the right. No matter who started it, everyone was wrong for engaging in that type of situation– unless it was a true, unprovoked surprise attack (unlikely). This should be an interesting way to ruin homecoming week.

2. TNNo Gravatar says:

Also,

if you have kids… Bravo sir. Quoting top gun in the course of disciplining children is excellent. Linked.

the fsu football players started the altercation-they jumped a sigma last week at a club[one of the smallest members in a chapter of about 30]-probably over a female. they took it upon themselves to come in the union looking for more trouble to start. i have been at fsu for 2years and i rarely see one football player, much less a group of them in the union on wednesdays-its a place where the greeks always go to step and stroll. in the ruckus they ended seriously injuring 2females, one of which is a sorority sister who ended up with her nose broken and needing surgery while the other one required stitches. if the football players were the ones in defense then why were they all well enough to attend practice?

Let me add to the comments, that all comments left here are “rumor” at best, which I’m okay with, but reader, make sure you take it with a grain of salt until we have something official.

Anon, if that is the way it went down then I hope some of those players have seen their last days of FSU football.

5. anonymous says:

The statements made by the first anonymous writer is very true. None of that is a rumor, im sure this person saw it first hand and is close to the ones hurt. That information is pretty much all of the truth you’re going to get. The school is just trying to cover up our football players because of all of their negative press in the the past. But hopefully justice will be served because this “plotted” incident by the football players is ridiculously ignorant and disgusting.

Well, certainly if it was plotted, as alleged at this point, I hope everyone gets proper punishment on both sides. It sounds way too much like a high school prom brawl, when these people are supposed to be “young adults.”

7. JordiNo Gravatar says:

Doing it “better and cleaner” is a start, but it comes from the top. Maybe I haven’t been looking, but Miami seems to be pretty clean of late. It is possible.

But as for athletes not hanging out at the Student Union, come on now. I used to see Janakowski all the time. I saw Darnell Dockett too. They are students too. The Student Union is not just a Greek hang out. Unless things changed since 2 years ago.

Jordi,

Yeah I’d take it with a grain of salt for the not hanging out there bit… I’m sure some players do and some don’t. I used to troll through there occasionally myself 10 years ago to look for oddball Doors CDs. :)

“I used to see Janakowski all the time. I saw Darnell Dockett too. They are students too.”

Boy, those are some fine examples of good citizens just hanging out at the Union.

LOL @ Anon… Janikowski was um… less than desirable, I agree. I saw him at Fun Station years ago, and he was a “character” to say the least.

11. Gator BoysNo Gravatar says:

Docket is worse…

12. jrado says:

Well what ever went down in the Union, I hope Bobby and the coaches are coming down on these players. After all the conflicts the football team has been through in the past year this is the last thing we need. These players need to know that they need to be on their best behavior at all times, because whatever they do is going to be publicly scrutinized.

by the way, which players were in this incident?

14. DrewNo Gravatar says:

obviously all the anonymous posts about this topic are cane/gator fans….anywho, I hope to god preston parker was not involved…if he is, then I am done rooting for him…i hate to rush to judgement, but ive been watching him closely on the field…has anyone else noticed him being thugish?…just his whole demeanor when he gets up after a play….im pretty sure that he had a few personal fouls this season against him….I dont know, maybe I am being too critical of him since his incident over the summer, but has anyone else noticed this? every time he gets the ball, after the play it looks like he talks trash, or gives an extra shove…it seemed like last year he was a class act guy, anyone else agree or disagree with this?

Drew, I think you’re being over critical… all I’ve noticed is that he’s not making the big plays like he did last year, maybe it’s frustration you’re seeing?

Hmmm…I am a FSU fan, and the reason was…back in the Dark Ages when I grew up, and Bobbie Bowden first came to FSU, I saw him play some pretty good teams in the MIdwest as compared to FSU…my how things change over a period of years…chuckles.

(I am from Iowa, originally but have lived in Florida for the last 20 years, and played at two Div 1 schools while in college)

Whatever happened, I do not know, and I view ALL accounts with some amount of suspicion…perhaps the wrong term, but I’d actually rather read actual accounts from official sources than take *seriously* accounts from supposed witnesses and those who wish to add fuel to the fire for their own reasons. If such, as posted, by Anon are true…”in the ruckus they ended seriously injuring 2females, one of which is a sorority sister who ended up with her nose broken and needing surgery while the other one required stitches.”…both women could then press criminal charges for assault against he/she/them who assaulted either woman.

I was also Greek…and as far as I know, at least at two Div 1 schools I attended, the Student Union was pretty much open to, ummm, “students”. What a concept.

Also, reagrdless of how one feels about “student athletes”, anyone, PARTICULARLY on a ride (scholarship) and playing at one of the nation’s traditionally powerhouse football teams, and a great state university such as FSU is…better learn to walk away from stupid stuff. I also found this a bit amusing from Anon:

“The first annoymous reply is what happened. and it was bc one of the guys got mad about a girl not wanting him and thought the sigma wanted to fight him about it. Ridiculous.. then the fratnerity is punished and looked at wrong over something emotional young men got mad about. people need to grow up..accept the facts because many non-greek students saw what happened. It’s not a mystery. People want to make acceptions and think that all greeks are bad and start fights and they don’t. They do more good in the community then most bystanders who sit around talking trash about them.”

Wow…now imagine your picture is in the papers, you are a jock, NOT a Greek…never mind. “Pot–>Kettle–>Black”

Smiles….take care all

17. Tarpon says:

Sorry…I did not mean for my, chuckling, “rant” above to be another “Anonymous”…was me. “Tarpon”

18. Tarpon says:

Why this is so much nonsense, from this Blog…but take a look at what has been said here about the incident:

3Anonymous on Nov 13, 2008 at 3:19 am:

I quoted this qoute in my post (see ABOVE ^), but I love the “probably”.

“Probably” right…then again…you do not KNOW do you?
    ===========
    5anonymous on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:20 am:

Now, here is a classic…the 3anonymous makes statements, and the 5anonymous says those statements are “very true”.

And 5anonymous is SURE this person (and I assume 5anonymous is referring to 3 anonymous; if incorrect, please advise me) “…saw it first hand…”

And your basis for asserting 3anonymous actually SAW the incident?

Plus…”…is close to the ones hurt”…Well, hardly makes this witness’s “account” credible; any of us would react in certain ways to harm done to our friends and loved ones.

“The school is just trying to cover up our football players because of all of their negative press in the the past. But hopefully justice will be served because this “plotted” incident by the football players is ridiculously ignorant and disgusting.”

Well, first of all, proving a “plot” is a bit more difficult than the hyperbole of such a statement. Again…if the victims of alleged physical assault would press charges against those that allegedly assaulted them, then their would be a criminal investigation. If you think, say, it would be covered up, I would remind you of other scandals (or lack thereof) that dedfinitely hit the sporting press (Duke LaCrosse players and the alleged rape of a dancer, or an FSU kicker a few years back who, against the law, recorded a female partner while in bed together to save possibly the allegations of rape (it is illegal in the STate of FLorida to record another unless they are aware of it).

Okay…y’all will be sick of my talking so much…but LEARN to PARSE the statements…and I agree with NoleCC…for those who are truly criminal on the FSU program…good bye, have a nice life instead of taking advantage of a ride, a chance to be “somebody”, be at a great university, and enjoy a college life.

Chuckles…I always admired the ‘Noles when they would come to the north, and they were BAD back then while Bowden was building the program, and how they played some of the toughest teams on the road for several years.

Take care all…

Tarpon,

Fantastic comments all around… well thought-out. Thank you!

20. Tarpon says:

Thanks NoleCC for allowing me to be here…and thank you ALL for reading me…chuckles

Take care all…and I have to check on the score…GRINS

Tarpon